The Action held in held in Sri Lanka was led by Diversity and Solidarity Trust (DAST) with the support of GFAN AP.
Letters have been prepared and sent to Embassies of Australia, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, European Commission, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Japan, Kuwait, Netherlands, Nigeria, Norway, Portugal, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom United States of America and Zambia
In addition, face-to-face meetings were also held with the British High Commission in Colombo on the 14th February and with the European Commission in Colombo on the 22nd February to present the letter.
Meeting with British High Commission
Communities and Civil Society Representatives met with Mr. Tom Burn, Deputy High Commissioner of the British High Commission in Sri Lanka as part of the Valentine’s Day of Action calling the UK Government to fully fund the Global Fund!
Following Communities and Civil Society representatives attended the meeting.
- Nadika Fernandopulle – Family Planning Association Sri Lanka
- Niluka Perera – Global Fund Advocates Network Asia- Pacific
- Bhoomi Harendran- National Transgender Network Sri Lanka
- Tiran Peiris – Lanka Plus
- Mahesh Nishanka – Alcohol and Drug Information Center Sri Lanka
Meeting with European Commission
Communities and Civil Society representatives met with Thorsten Bargfrede, First Counsellor / Head of Political, Trade and Communications Section of the EU Delegation on 22nd of February.
Signatories of Communities and Civil Society Organisations from Sri Lanka
- Alcohol And Drug Information Centre Sri Lanka (ADIC)
- Family Planning Association Sri Lanka
- Diversity and Solidarity Trust
- Heart to Heart Lanka Organization
- Lanka Plus Organization
- National Transgender Network Sri Lanka
- Organization OF environment and Children Rightspreservation (OECRP)
- Positive Women’s Network Sri Lanka
- Praja Diriya Padanama
- Rajara Rata Gami Pahana
- Sri Satya Gunapadanama
- Yong Our Here Sri Lanka
- Abhimani Sri Lanka