The Action was coordinated and led by the Tanzania Network of Women Living with HIV and AIDS, and supported by GFAN Africa.
Letters have been prepared and sent to Embassies of Belgium, China, Denmark, Ethiopia, European Commission, France, Federal Republic of Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Kuwait, Malawi, Namibia, Netherlands, Nigeria, Norway, Qatar, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Togo, United Kingdom, United States of America, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Visit at the Embassy of Japan
On the 14th February 2019, flowers appreciating the support of the Japanese Government was delivered by Hortencia Nuhu, Her Voice Fund Advocates and AGYW to Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Hon. Shinichi Goto. The other communities and civil society representatives include Mr Hashim Sasya from AMREF, Dr Richard Muko – DSDUT Consultant, Gloria Chagama from EANNASO, Jackline Teikwa from YOWOFA (AGYW), and Isabela Nune who is an intern with TNW+ from Lud University, Sweden.
Ambassador Goto was accompanied by Madam Emi Mashiko, First Secretary, Head of Cooperation, and Dr Sayaka Kutsukaka Research/Advisor.
Visit at the High Commission of Canada to Tanzania
On the 15th February 2019, on behalf of the Communities and Civil Society in Tanzania, Joan Chamungu from Tanzania Network of Women Living with HIV and AIDS handed over flowers of appreciation to H.E. Pamela O’Donnell, Canadian High Commissioner at the High Commission of Canada to Tanzania appreciating the support of Government of Canada to the Global Fund. Isabel Nunes – TNW, Richard Muko – Umoja Tanzania Coalition, Patrick Hamisi – Tanzania AIDS Forum and Lulu Nyenzi – Women With Dignity, also took part in the meeting.
Signatories of Communities and Civil Society Organisations
- Mwamba Nyanda – Tanzania Trans Initiative
- Prosper Stephen – Tasso Tanzania
- Goeffrey Mashala – AMKA
- Dan Mchuku – TMCRD
- Frank Mwaluko – Community Of Hopes and Support(CHS)
- Paddy Edmund – SANA
- Ally Semsela – WASO
- Moffat Tambwe – HEAT
- Clemence Devis – T ACEF
- Oliver Ndalu – Young Women Initiative Group
- Sophia Lugilahe – Warembo Forum
- Helen Benedict Rushikanda – Community Youth Empowerment & Health Education
- Hadija Akilimali – Positive change
- Wastara huka – Dar es Salaam Sisters Foundation
- Lulu Nyenzi – Women with Dignity
- Sekela Edson – TNW+
- Mwanahamisi Mhando – AWITA
- Kennedy Godwin – TAF
- Joan Chamungu – TNW+
- Stella Msuya MAT- MW ANANY AMALA
- Dr. Cyprin Magere – AMICAL
- Denis Ngemela – Peer to peer supporting group – m’burahat NHC
- Ambali Famili – MEFADA-Kinondoni studio
- Bernad Mloka – New Family Against Drugs Impact – Mikocheni
- Godfrey Amandus – Drug Addiction Recovery – Kimara stop over
- Amina Mbonde – REACT – KIGAMBONI
- Maziabi Salum – TANPUD
- Goefrey Ten – TANPUD
- Godfrey Shaonansia – Recovery Community
- Very Kunambi – MEFAPO