The Action held in held in Vietnam was led and coordinated by Center for Supporting Community Initiatives (SCDI).
Letters have been prepared and sent to 14 Embassies .
In addition the following representatives from communities and civil society visited and met with Ambassadors and/or their representatives in the country embassies:
- Venerable Thich Dong Nguyen, Phap Bao Temple in Ho Chi Minh City, represents Vietnam Civil Society Platform to Support Vulnerable Populations (VCSPA)
- Chu Thai Son, from Hai Duong, founder of Diem tin Hai Duong (Hai Duong Trust), represents Vietnam Community TB Network (VCTB)
- Doan Thi Khuyen, from Hai Phong, founder of Song Tich Cuc (Positive Living), Representative of Supporting Alliance for HIV Treatment Adherence (SATA+)
- Duong Tu Anh, founder of Venus Group in Hanoi, Representative of Vietnam Transgender Network (VNTG)
- Ta Thi Thu Thao Trang, Communications Officer from Center for Supporting Community Development Initiatives (SCDI)
- Dr Khuat Thi Hai Oanh, Executive Director of SCDI, Chair of VCSPA, Chair of Global Fund Advocates Network Asia-Pacific
Click the Countries Below for Further Information on the Embassy Visits
Meeting with the United States Agency for International Development
Representatives met with Michael Greene, Mission Director of USAID Vietnam on the 14th February to present the letter on #lovemoregivemore
Meeting at the Embassy of the French Republic
Representatives met with Ambassador Betrand Lortholary of the French Embassy in Hanoi, Vietnam
14th February 2019
Meeting at the Delegation of the European Union to Vietnam
Representatives met with Ambassador Burno Angelet, the Head of the Delegation of the European Union to Vietnam.
Meeting at the Embassy of the Commonwealth of Australia
Communities and Civil Society Representatives met with Craig Chittick, Ambassador of Australia in Vietnam during the Valentine’s Day action.
Meeting at the Embassy of the Kingdom of Norway
Community representatives met with Grete Lochen, Ambassador of the Kingdom of Norway in Vietnam on the 14th of February.
Meeting with the Embassy of Ireland
Communities and civil society representatives met with Cait Moran, Ambassador of Ireland in Vietnam to hand over the flowers and Valentine’s Day card.
Meeting with the Embassy of the Kingdom of Sweden
Civil Society representatives met with Cait Moran, Ambassador of Sweden in Vietnam during the Valentine’ Day Action.
Meeting with the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
Communities and Civil Society representatives met with Elsbeth Akkerman, Ambassador of Netherlands in Vietnam during the Valentine’s Day Action.
Meeting with the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany
Deputy Ambassador Wolfgang Manig
14th February 2019
Meeting with the Embassy of the Kingdom of Belgium
On the 15th February
First Secretary Ivo Hooghe
Meeting with the Embassy of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
UK Ambassador Gareth Ward
Signatories of Vietnamese Communities and Civil Society Organisations
- Vietnam Vulnerable Community Supporting Platform (VCSPA)
- Supporting Alliance for Treatment Adherence for People Living with HIV (SATA+)
- Vietnam Network of People who use drugs (VNPUD)
- Vietnam Network of Sex Workers (VNSW)
- Vietnam Network of Men who have sex with Men and Transgender People (VNMSM-TG)
- Vietnam Network of Transgender People (VNTG)
- Vietnam Community Network on Tuberculosis Control (VCTB)
- Vietnam Network of Young Key Affected Populations (VYKAP)
- Empowering Young Women and Adolescents Alliance (WAVN)